Spring 2023 Move-Out Checklist
To prepare your space for departure and avoid damage and cleaning charges, please take the following steps:
- Remove all personal belongings from drawers, desks, and closets/wardrobes.
- Countertops, Tabletops, & Desk/Drawer Tops: Clean rings and food residue from surfaces.
- Furniture: Reassemble and place all university furniture back in its original location.
- Floors: Remove debris from the bedroom and common area carpets. Use a vacuum cleaner. Remove debris and dirt smudges from the kitchen and bathroom floors. Use a broom and mop.
- Walls: Wipe smudges from walls and remove tape, stickers, and hooks carefully.
- Kitchen Appliances: Clean the stovetop, oven, microwave, and inside the refrigerator. Leave the refrigerator plugged in.
- Bathroom: Clean the sink, tub, toilet seat, and inside the toilet bowl.
- Trash: Dispose of all trash in appropriate dumpsters.
- Windows: Close and lock all windows. Close blinds.
- Leave the air conditioner in the “on” position.
- Turn off lights.
- Lock your door.
- RETURN YOUR KEY TO THE APPROPRIATE DESK