General information can be found below or use the buttons to review item specific information.
Please take a moment to review the following move-out information.
When do I have to move out?
If Not Graduating:
- All non-graduating residents must move out and complete the checkout process within 24 hours after their last exam.
- If last exam is Friday, resident must move out and complete the checkout process by noon on Saturday, May 6th.
- All residential facilities close on Saturday, May 6th at noon.
- Non-graduating residents who remain in their University residence past noon on Saturday, May 6th, without prior approval will be subject to University disciplinary action and an improper checkout charge of $125.00.
If eligible, non-graduating residents can request extended stay through Monday, May 8th at noon on the housing portal as a part of the Spring Check-Out application. Eligible students will be sponsored by a department or program.
- Extended stay cannot be granted past Sunday, May 7th at 6:00pm for the north side of East Stewart Gardens (341, 343, 345, 361, 363, 365).
- Graduating seniors are eligible to stay in housing until noon on Monday, May 8th.
Signing Up for a Departure Time
All residents are required to indicate their departure time through the housing portal. Please indicate your departure time by Wednesday, April 26th on the application titled Spring Check-Out. As a part of the Spring Check-Out application, eligible students can also request extended stay.
Housing Portal Link: https://myhousing.udayton.edu/
You can login to your portal using the link above and then select the 'Spring Check-Out' option in your menu.
Before Departure Day:
- Indicate your departure time through the housing portal.
- Attend your April Community Building Meeting.
- Prepare your space for moveout.
On Departure Day:
- Remove all personal belongings and trash from your living space.
- Return your room key to the front desk and fill out the digital checkout form as a part of the Spring Check-Out application located on the housing portal.